Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Hunting for a Mini (Austin, Morris, Cooper, Clubman)

I always liked Minis. Especially after I saw this video many many years back.



My Mini crazed started after I sold off my Nissan Sunny 130Y. As I sold it to a malay guy, he told me he had a friend who wanted to sell a Mini Clubman. And I went to check it out with Andy Yeoh.

The Clubman we saw was in a bad shape.

Rust everywhere, although engine looked good; it can;t be started. And it is also infested with RATS !! Rats droppings all over the place ! The owner willing to let go at an unbelievable price, however it was too risky. We had to skip the offer.

And, the search goes on... until I came upon a posting in www.mudah.com.my

Found a Mini for sale, good price, great condition, and from the picture, it does looked good.  And the location is close to home... Butterworth.


So, on 5th Oct, we made a trip down to Butterworth to take a look at the car. and... we got it! After a weeks of paperwork : Getting Puspakom and JPJ approval. I drove it home.


and... This is when the fun start !!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow. a lancer evo and a mini cooper. nice collection you have there.

ScAvEnGeR said...

Hi JL, congrats on acquiring your classic. From the looks, I'd venture to say it's the 850cc model?

Anyways, am looking forward to watch your progress. Cheers!

p.s. I've added your link to my blog.